Thursday, January 22, 2015

Today I'm scottish...

#whimsybykelly2015 day 22
joey's weekly tangle challenge #44


I am lucky enough to be able to listen to audiobooks while at work. Currently I'm "reading" Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. After watching the tv-show I just had to read the books too...

The book takes place in Scotland and the narrator does a fine job indeed. In fact I find my self thinking with a scottish accent... I just can't get rid of it! Funny, aye?

Great book btw, though after two days it is getting a wee bit long and I see that there's still a good 8 hours left of it. Must be one brick of a book... But I'm loving the scottish...

Now, me fine lassy, I'd thank you to look down yonder and see me zentangle for the day...

String: #10
Tangle: Joy (New to me - Loving it!) and some rixty...
Prompt: Joey's sons 10th birthday... Congrats!
Birthdays calls for festive colors...

Thank you for your comments - they make me happy!

Aye, where's me whiskey...

8 comments:

  1. Rixty is one of my favorites!

    Have you listened to the podcast CraftLit? That's my go-to for crafty listening. There's no better combination than crafting and literature unless it's red wine and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My podcast list is pretty much all tech and comedy. I hadn't even thougth to look for a crafty podcast it being so visual. But I will have to try it out. Thanks!

      Now why did you have to start talking about choolate... ;-)

      Delete
  2. If I bring extra chocolate can I join in?

    Very pretty tile, Ann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you bring extra... Otherwise it migth just turn into a catfight...

      Thank you Lori. You are one of my favorite zentangle artists. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your tile and the use of Rixty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of the little dolls that pioneer children used to make, out of straw or corn husks. It does seem to be jumping for joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rixty and Joy look great together on your tile. Great composition

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea of using Rixty as the string - I will have to remember that! Lovely!!
    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/01/joeys-string-10-joy-challenge-entry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Hope you have an amazing day!