Friday, January 30, 2015

The worlds worst mom...

#whimsybykelly2015 day 30
Tackle it tuesday #58
It's a string thing #77

... That's me... It feels like that today...
My beautiful, sweet little guy was telling me about his day.
How his legs were hurting because he had walked through the city (there's a lot of hills...) visiting several places and back to school...
He told me all about what they did and where they ate their lunch...
Hey - wait a minute... Lunch... Not from the fridge... From his schoolbag...
Bag! Oh, S***... So he's been carrying his schoolbag with all his books around all day...

All because his mom forgot about the their outing...
And to make matters worse his lunch was leftovers of his favorite dish which he was going to heat in the microwave they have in the classroom... He ate it cold! And a yogurt... Which must have been kinda lukewarm...

Not a word of complaint from him... Oh, how I love that boy...

Thankfully I had a plate with a freshly baked sausage roll and an apple/chocolate muffin ready for him when he got home...
So maybe I'm not the worst mom on earth... But pretty close...

Now let's just forget all about that and move on to some happy colorful zen stuff...

Yesterday's promt in the #whimsybykelly2015 challenge was to make something colorful...
So that's what I did today!
I have to say it's so not the last time my colored microns will find their way into a tile!

Tickled to Tangle: It's a string thing #77
String #77
Heartstrings - Heartvine - Luv-a

I'm very happy with this tile and very glad I resisted the urge to fill the spaces in Luv-a with tipple - it was a battle...
And what a lovely string to work with!

Artful creations: Tackle it Tuesday #58: A B C
String #6
Agua - Box spirals - Cruffle - Copada

Have you noticed string #6 is the letter S if you turn your tile?
My daughter told me while I was tangeling this... Never crossed my mind...

S just happens to be the initial of both my kids names so this one is for my amazing son!
I'll have to do another tomorrow for my daughter... Great string!
And again I love the colors...
 
Thanks to Kelly for the color promt...

5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful tiles. The S really pops on the second one. I'm glad you didn't fill in the white space also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your tile. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw Box Spirals before. Cool entries :)
    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/01/tackle-tuesday-tangles-start-b-c-entry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty tiles. I specially love your "Its A string thing" Tile. Lovely use of Luv-a

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! Hope you have an amazing day!